Real Estate Development
Explore our emerging projects interactive tool
Austin’s skyline is becoming denser and more vibrant. This map reflects real estate development projects recently completed, under construction or being planned in downtown.
The primary source for this information is the City of Austin’s site development permit application database. We may also include information provided by developers or credible news sources. While we will make every effort to keep this resource up to date, the map may not reflect the most recent changes to project plans. If you are on a project team and have updates to the information in our emerging projects map or can help fill in missing images, please email us.
See what’s going up, who’s moving in and how we’re building for tomorrow.
Winter 2023 Development Pipeline Takeaways
- 11 projects totaling approximately 3.85 million square feet were delivered to the market in 2023.
- There are currently 16 projects under construction, totaling approximately 7.2 million square feet.
- Hotel occupancy rates reflect a robust resurgence of travel, events, conventions, and the nightlife economy.
- The number of new projects kicking off downtown has slowed as economic uncertainty remains in the market.
- Data from Placer.ai shows that downtown visitor activity has reached 95% of pre-pandemic levels. The general acceptance of the hybrid work model has forced developers to rethink bringing new office space to the market, with some projects transitioning to hotel and residential use. We anticipate this trend to continue throughout 2024.
Downtown Storefront Retail Business Report 2023
As a snapshot of downtown’s recovery, this report reflects on past retail development conditions and highlights the results of our most recent inventory of downtown storefront businesses conducted in December 2023.Read the Report⟶
State of Downtown
Our annual State of Downtown reports include key economic indicators for downtown Austin, such as economic markets, employment, value analysis, market conditions, parks, mobility, culture and the arts.Learn More⟶
Businesses located in downtown Austin work in the heart of the community, attract top talent and feel the buzz of the city every day.Learn More⟶