Join Our Team
Use your passion to make the heart of our community a better place
The Downtown Austin Alliance’s dedicated team works to ensure downtown Austin continues to thrive, grow and be recognized as one of the premier downtowns in the world.
Through strong partnerships, direct services, and dozens of projects that we either lead or participate in, we aim to enhance downtown’s appeal to businesses, residents, and visitors.
If you have a passion to make the heart of our community a better place for all, apply for one of our open positions below.
Our Core Values
Our team efforts are guided by a central set of principles that underpin every action we take and our team culture.
- Visionary: We think big and are innovative and bold.
- Passionate: We are devoted champions and advocates who inspire others to follow suit.
- Collaborative: We connect people and join forces to accomplish the best for downtown.
- Trusted: We are respected and trusted stewards of downtown.
- Engaging: We attract and captivate everyone with welcoming places and experiences.
- Impactful: We are a visible, proactive, catalytic leader. We drive results.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous health and wellness benefits:
- Employer Matching Retirement Plan
- Full health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Monthly Commuter Benefits
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Annual B-cycle Membership
“Our work helps make Austin the most dynamic city in the country. Downtown is not only the economic engine of the region but is also the heart and soul of the city. The Downtown Alliance's projects, programs, and planning are guided by a commitment to making sure that downtown Austin is—and remains—an incredible place to live, work, and play.”
— Dewitt Peart, President and CEO
Vice President, Marketing & Communication
The Downtown Austin Alliance is seeking an innovative and experienced marketing and communication professional to build upon our 26-year history and take our marketing, communication and research efforts to the next level. Equipped with a new 5-year strategic plan, our community’s Downtown Austin Vision, a brand strategy and a commitment to drive positive change in downtown Austin, the Downtown Alliance is in search of a dynamic and seasoned expert to develop and advance the organization’s overall communication, research and policy-based messaging, marketing and branding activity. This position will lead a creative team of six communication and research professionals, develop and manage an annual budget in excess of $1.6 million and increase the visibility of the organization’s mission, vision, and goals. Click here for the full job description.
To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Downtown Ambassador
Our Downtown Ambassadors are key to keeping downtown clean, safe, beautiful and hospitable. They connect with businesses and visitors, provide information and escorts, beautify and clean, and act as goodwill ambassadors to all.Apply Now⟶