COVID-19 Resources & Assistance
Information and resources to aid in recovery
Public Health and Safety Update
Please visit the City of Austin’s website for the most comprehensive and up-to-date COVID-19 information.
Both the Austin and Travis County Orders and the Health Authority Rules can be found on the Austin-Travis County COVID-19 Orders and Rules webpage.
State of Texas
For current information on the Governor’s orders and regulations, visit the Texas Coronavirus Resources and Response Page.
COVID-19 Risk-Based Guidelines
Austin Public Health (APH) has published a color-coded chart to help residents of Austin-Travis County understand the stages of risk and provide recommendations on what people should do to stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to visit the City of Austin’s COVID-19 in Austin page with recommendations for vaccinated and partially or not vaccinated individuals.
Staging thresholds are subject to change, based on new hospital admissions, number of patients in the ICU, ventilator usage, positivity rate and the 7-day moving average of cases.
Source: City of Austin
Click here to review a chart of risk-based guideline thresholds and recommendations.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Information
All adults and children ages 12-15 are now eligible for COVID-19 vaccination. Click here for the latest information from the Austin-Travis County Health Department and to pre-register for vaccination.
Austin Public Health has launched a COVID-19 vaccine registration system to help vulnerable individuals access the vaccine which you can access here.
Austin Public Health Testing
Austin Public Health operates several COVID-19 testing sites throughout Austin. Options include drive-thru sites, in-home testing, and neighbor testing locations. Click here to learn more.
Downtown Testing Locations
- UT Health
- UT Health Austin offers drive-thru testing by appointment only. Call 1-833-UT-CARES to schedule an appointment.
- Tarrytown Pharmacy has set up a downtown testing site in the parking lot at 3rd and Colorado.
- Rapid testing available by appointment
- Click here for more information.
Testing is available at private sites around Austin, including through hospitals, at pharmacies, or at urgent care centers. View the COVID-19 Austin-area Test Locations Map here.
Review the City of Austin’s recap of 2020 Covid-19 Economic Resources and distribution.
Travis County Relief Efforts:
The Health and Human Services Department is providing relief to Travis County residents struggling to pay rent because of the coronavirus pandemic, as well as low-income residents experiencing housing instability. Applications for aid opened on April 19, 2021, and will remain open until Sept. 1 or until funds run out. Click here to learn more about the application process and to apply for assistance.
Resources for Businesses, Employers and Job Seekers
Paycheck Protection Program
- The U.S. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) initiative has reopened for certain new and existing borrowers. Click here to access resources for new and existing applicants.
- Eligible businesses may apply for a Second Draw PPP loan.The SBA is currently accepting applications for Second Draw PPP Loans. At least $25 billion is being set aside for Second Draw PPP Loans to eligible borrowers, those with a maximum of 10 employees or seeking loans of $250,000 or less.
- Visit the NFIB website for webinars and the latest updates focused on helping small businesses navigate and recover from the pandemic.
Workforce Solutions Capital Area Re: WorkNow Program
RE:WorkNOW is a rapid training effort within the Austin Metro Area Community Workforce Plan, designed to assist the City of Austin and Travis County’s approximately 50,000 jobless residents connect to no-cost, rapid, and safe training. These programs will be provided by Austin Community College District, Local 286 Plumbers & Pipefitters Union, Skillpoint Alliance, Digital Creative Institute, and Tech Talent South.
Our Downtown Ambassadors are hard at work to keep downtown clean and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with increased cleaning efforts, they are setting up handwashing stations, practicing social distancing, and sharing information on good hygiene practices.
Contact the ambassadors at (512) 937-7422 for safety escorts, graffiti removal, and more. Click here for a full list of their services.
If you have additional information that would be helpful to the downtown community, please email us at email@example.com.