Last week, our board of directors, downtown property owners, and community partners gathered at The Line Hotel overlooking Lady Bird Lake for our 2019 annual meeting. Our president and CEO Dewitt Peart shared an overview of major accomplishments and updates from the 2018-19 fiscal year including progress on the Downtown Vision. Guests also heard brief presentations and remarks from Mayor Steve Adler and Capital Metro CEO Randy Clarke on Project Connect.
As part of the event, we welcomed six new board members to our 50-member board of directors, including:
- Chinna Natesan Ph.D., McCoy College of Business at Texas State University
- Richard Paddock, HPI Real Estate Services and Investments
- Steve Scheibal, New West Communications
- Tara Shaikh, Tantallon
- Julia Taylor, Moore & Associates, Inc
- Mark Terry, Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors (TEPSA)
We would like to thank our outgoing board members for their years of service!
- Nancy Burns, board chair from 2007-2008
- Kristin Chiles
- Doug Guller
- Jay Hartzell
- Carol Polumbo, board chair from 2017-18
- Christann Vasquez
A special thanks to longtime board members Nancy Burns and Carol Polumbo who served as board chair during their terms.
We are all privileged to be part of downtown Austin, the economic engine of our region and a cultural touchstone for the city. It has always been the Downtown Austin Alliance’s view that with that privilege comes responsibility. We are charged—individually and as a group—with protecting the vitality of downtown and proactively planning for the future.
See how our work is shaping the future of downtown in our 2018-19 annual report.