Our Austin Story
The Downtown Austin Alliance, in partnership with the Austin Parks and Recreation Department, is developing a comprehensive interpretive strategy for the three historic city squares: Brush, Republic, and Wooldridge.
Click here to share your story.
The goal is to find meaningful stories—grounded in these civic squares—that connect to the people and places of Austin.
- Stories and storylines for Republic, Brush, and Wooldridge Squares.
- Content for signs at Republic Square.
- A strategy for communicating the stories that are developed through park planning, programming, marketing and digital communications, and cultural district planning.
Phase I: Share Your Story
Saturday, March 25
11am - 1pm
Departure Lounge, 311 W. 5th Street
Tuesday, March 28
11am – 1pm
City Hall, 301 W. 2nd Street
Phase II: Help us Review and Prioritize the Stories - May 2017
Phase III: Review the Strategy for Communicating the Stories - July 2017
Information Gathering: January – April
- Meetings, interviews, data gathering
- Public engagement phase 1: creating the storyboards
Interpretive Concepts: April - May
- Draft themes, stories and storylines for each of the three historic squares
- Public engagement phase 2: reviewing and prioritizing the storyboard content
Draft and Final Interpretive Strategy: May – July
- Final themes, stories and storylines for each of the three historic squares
- Comprehensive strategy for park programming, marketing, digital communications, and cultural district planning.
- Public engagement phase 3: reviewing the comprehensive strategy
Adoption and Implementation: July - September