The Downtown Austin Alliance and the City of Austin recently announced eight private parking garages have joined the Affordable Parking Program, which aims to make downtown parking more accessible and affordable to downtown service-industry and hospitality workers. This effort is part of the next phase of our downtown parking strategy.
“Convenient, available parking downtown is not only vital to keeping traffic flowing as downtown continues to grow," Dewitt Peart, president and chief executive officer of the Downtown Austin Alliance, said, "but its also crucial in keeping the economy growing, as parking options allow people to visit, work and enjoy downtown Austin.”
The cost to parkers will be $35 to $40 a month plus tax. Garages are open from 3 p.m. to 7 a.m., Monday through Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Some garages open at 4 p.m.
Available Garages and Locations:
- Frost Garage – 401 Congress Ave.
- 600 Congress Garage – 600 Congress Ave.
- 300 West 6th Garage – 300 West 6th St.
- Littlefield Garage – 508 Brazos St.
- 501 Congress Garage – 112 E. 5th St.
- Lavaca Plaza Garage – 504 Lavaca St.
- St. David’s Church Garage – 710 Trinity St.
- Seaholm Garage– 211 Walter Seaholm Dr.