What do we mean when we say that the Downtown Austin Alliance is a “full-time advocate of downtown Austin?” That means we (DAA staff, boards, and committees) spend our days – and many nights and weekends – actively involved in planning decisions that impact the area’s people and places. We act as a liaison between property owners, government officials, community organizations, and individuals to ensure all parties are informed and all voices are heard.
We continually monitor and advocate for policy that enhances downtown’s economic prosperity and competitive advantage. At any given time, we’re involved in dozens of issues.
The DAA holds educational events throughout the year to help you learn about downtown issues and get tips for doing business here. We can also arrange speakers for your group.
These are some of the organizations we work with most frequently to affect change downtown.
- Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Austin Parks Foundation
- Austin Parks and Recreation Department
- Austin Police Department
- Austin Travis County Integral Care
- Capital Metro
- Caritas of Austin
- Central Health
- City of Austin
- Downtown Austin Community Court
- Downtown Austin Neighborhood Association
- Ending Community Homeslessness Coalition (ECHO)
- Front Steps
- Movability Austin
- Real Estate Council of Austin
- Shoal Creek Conservancy
- 6ixth Street Austin
- Salvation Army
- State of Texas
- Travis County
- University of Texas System
- Urban Land Institute - Austin
- Waller Creek Conservancy